This week we discussed brides in the media and how brides want to be absolutely perfect on their wedding day and are willing to do anything in order to get what they want , this instantly made me think about the show called Bridezillas. Bridezillas is a show that is shown on WE TV network and it follows a bride around days before her ceremony and basically while she is being filmed the entire time she is portrayed as a CRAZY psycho lunatic ( just to put it lightly ) , but as I'm watching these brides and watching their stories unfold I noticed the common line being said by all the brides is " This is the most important day of my life, nothing can go wrong ". But with that much pressure on just one day is it really worth it ? is the stress and over extra accessories really worth it or the fact that a bride can say I spent 60,000 dollars on my wedding day is really what it's about , I think media has definitely changed views of weddings and showing that it's okay to be overly extravagant and people would rather know how money you spent on your wedding cake instead of what vows you will recite to your husband. It brings the questions to mind I Do want to get married Do I ? or just avoid all the complications and just elope in Vegas......

No comments:
Post a Comment